Fire Damage Repair
Cleaning up after fire damage is a long and tedious process. It could be potentially quite costly too. However, the damage caused by the fire can actually be worsened if the people handling the fire restoration process don't really know what they're doing.We recommend that homeowners who have been fire victims contact their insurance company immediately after the fire.
Aside from the assistance in assessing the damage to the property, the insurance company can also help in evaluating which pieces are salvageable or not. Additionally, they can also help in finding suitable fire restoration professionals for the insurance holder. Unfortunately insurance companies might not come out to your premise immediately that is where Autovac come in we survey the whole premise taking extensive photos and take record of all damage.
Autovac have the right knowledge and the proper equipment needed in cleaning up after fire damage. They can not only minimize further damage to a homeowner's burned property, but they can also salvage precious belongings and restore them to their original condition. The outright cost of hiring fire restoration professionals may seem steep at first, but they could save homeowners a lot of money (not to mention save a lot of their original property) in the long run.
Restore Fire Damage Repair Cork
They can determine which items can be saved and restored, instead of having the homeowner buy everything brand new. Fire damage is not uniformly similar for all fire victims. It is therefore important to check the extent of the fire damage first before doing any cleaning. Doing so can help homeowners form a battle plan on how to proceed with the cleaning process. It will also help them estimate how much the cleanup is going to cost them. Autovac perform a complete examination of the system and give you the complete extinct of the damage so there is no hidden costs and you will know how long before the premise will be restored.
We are available on 24/7 call for emergency situations on 087-6236139.
Tips for Restoration after Smoke Damage
After any fire damage situation do the following checks
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What to DO after a fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT TO Do after a fire
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting Autovac.
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don’t use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don’t send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odour.
Call Ciaran at 087-6236139 or Contact Us via the Contact Form and we will respond asap.